Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing # 6--Online Image Generators

Well, I think I am now truly past the Flickr steps, and I have to admit that I did have some fun playing around. I created a trading card for the famous MN racehorse Dan Patch, that is available to your right. As I mentioned in my previous blog entry for Thing #5, I can see all sorts of creative uses for these tools in the Library--perhaps more in my previous life as a children's librarian than as a reference librarian. However, as I also mentioned before, my library is looking at creating trading cards for MN governors. It just so happened that I was working on this step during a quiet time on a reference desk shift and our acquisitions librarian was on the desk with me. He has been busy creating a list of "150 great MN books" for the sesquicentennial, and while watching me work on the Dan Patch trading card he said "I should do trading cards for the 150 books!". Excellent idea. While I understand that the purpose of these tools are for use on web sites, I also think a nice, full-colored print version of trading cards, no matter what the subject, would be popular as well.

No comments: