Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thing #14-Library Thing

Finally--a thing I really loved working on! I truly enjoyed setting up my LT library, adding titles, and then adding the widget to my blog page that would display my book covers. I didn't take the time at this moment to do reviews or anything--perhaps I'll get back to that. I loved all the connecting features that automatically occurred, such as links to other personal reviews of books in my library. It was especially interesting to see that a certain non-fiction book I had just read and thoroughly enjoyed got some scathingly negative reviews--kind of surprised me! Most of the interactive features I found very simple to use, but I did have some difficulty adding favorite authors--the steps didn't seem very clear at first. Also, when looking at the other libraries that have LT accounts, it wasn't so simple to pull up their library book lists--the tab wasn't always available. Obviously, using the LT widget to display new book covers on a Library's blog or home page would be clever. If you were working with book clubs for your patrons I could see a value in that--providing important information about authors, availability etc. All in all, LT is a very fun tool.

No comments: