Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thing #8: Share Your Creations



Well, I'm not sure what my personal future will be like in the world of Library 2.0, if the very hallmark of 2.0 is sharing! The whole sharing, look-at-me and "what I can show you of every part of my life" feature of 2.0 is what I truly dislike about the whole deal. However, if I focus on the fact that it is the Library's services, collections and programs, etc. that will be shared then it makes more sense to me. It then becomes just another marketing tool.

Out of the optional choices to try for sharing online, I originally wanted to try creating a database of books that I would like to read. However, the only datbasesite that Thing #8 recommended, Lazybase, did not seem to create a very nice looking database. So I decided to once again try a photo option, and I chose Slideshare. I chose the Moving Thumbnails option to showcase 8 photos I have taken, and have posted the show to the blog, as you can see above.

Using Slideshare was fairly easy to navigate and understand. However, as usual I always have some difficulty getting the images posted to my blog. I always have to look up the instructions!

No comments: